Asbestos is a combination of naturally occurring fibrous minerals, these minerals are made up of fine, durable fibers. These minerals are resistant to heat, fire and many chemicals. It’s classified as a known human carcinogen and these fibers are microscopic which makes it easily to inhale.
Before discovering the dangers of asbestos, it was used in common products, like building materials and fireproof protective gear. What can make these minerals dangerous is that can not be detected visually, it must be tested in a lab. These asbestos minerals are always odorless and tasteless so it can even more difficult to identify in your home or business.
The health hazards can be very damaging, sticking to the lining of the lungs and inner cavity tissues affecting your respiratory system. The most dangerous lung problem is a type of cancer called pleural mesothelioma, which is caused by occupational exposure, secondary exposure or environmental exposure to asbestos.
The best way to handle an asbestos situation that has appeared in your home or business is to hire professional abatement workers. They should follow all safety precautions, including sealing off their work area and keeping asbestos-containing materials wet to avoid the minerals from entering the air. We handle asbestos abatement for homes and business, contact Infinity Abatement today by phone or fill out our contact form!