The winter months are the coldest and also the wettest which makes it easier for mold to grow and expand. In most cases, mold can be found near sources of water where it can easily grow and reproduce. Inside any home, mold can be found on the exterior of drywall, sheet rock and other surfaces and corners in your home. Mold can also be growing on items in your home like the carpet, wood and even foods, which can result in serious health issues and allergies.
Mold is so tiny and microscopic it can travel through the air and enter your home from the outside by windows, doors, clothing, and pets. Here are just a few tips to prevent mold from growing inside your home:
- Keep all surfaces of your home clean
- Use an exhaust fan or open a window when showering, cooking, & washing the dishes
- Try to keep the humidity of your home below 60% so there isn’t a lot of moisture for mold to grow
- Make sure your exterior walls are well-insulted as well as your attic
- Running your fans in revere will help increase air circulation near windows
- Keep the gutters on your roof clean and in good condition
If you think you already have mold growing inside your home, contact Infinity Abatement at 978-994-8734 or fill out our contact form online. We are experts in mold removal and will come to your home and do an inspection, assessment and estimate!